When you say something like you should calorie count people look at you like you just told them to give up everything they love. I understand that it can sound like a chore, but there are some simple tips that will make calorie counting much easier to deal with.
First I’d like to talk about why you should calorie count if you are serious about losing weight and getting back in shape. I’ve said this before. If you need to save money the first thing you would do is see how much money you are spending and what you are spending it on. Think of calorie counting as budgeting for weight loss.
These are a few tips to make calorie counting easier.
1. Use a calorie counting application. There are plenty to choose from. Find one you like and try to use it everyday.
2. Eat a few staple meals over and over again. If you have the same lunch everyday at work, or one of a couple staple meals every day at work calorie counting will get much easier to manage.
3. Use an application that will save your frequently eaten foods. Most of these applications will allow you to save your foods. Use this feature, and you can log your entire lunch in 1 or 2 clicks.
4. Do not drink calories. This is a good calorie reducing tip and a good tip for making calorie counting easier.
5. Eat less. Don’t eat unplanned meals. It sounds simple, but the less you eat, the less you have to log.
6. Ignore very low calorie items. Things like mustard, tea, pickles and celery generally have very little calories in them. I personally thing the calorie quantity isn’t worth the trouble. I tend to ignore many items of 25 calories or less. But you are welcome to draw your own line. You have to find a balance between what is easy and what is useful to you.